Pitch Tips from Shark Tank Participants
Shark Tank is a critically acclaimed and Emmy-winning business-themed reality show which has reinvigorated entrepreneurship in America. The Sharks give people from all walks of life the chance to chase the American dream, and potentially secure business deals that could make their dreams come true. Shark Tank participants how first-hand how important it is to perfect your pitch and offer the following advice to Not A Problem! players.
- Keep your pitch simple and to the point- no extra words, no jargon or buzzwords
- Get to the point quickly- don’t use smoke and mirrors, be a straight shooter and get to the meat of your ask
- Don’t overcomplicate your pitch- If you can’t recall your own pitch and have to think too much about it, it’s too complicated
- Engage you audience by telling them why your idea/product is relevant to THEM- solve their problems by answering important questions in your pitch
- Speak slowly and with enthusiasm- Use big hand motions and dramatic pauses to emphasize your point
- Be visibly excited by your own idea- this shows passion
More coming! Check back soon!